Are you searching for Facts About Plants? before that As you know when we say Save Trees We literally mean to Save our Lives because we need oxygen to exist in this world , and without plants and Trees we are not going to survive. We see nowadays the world and every country is developing and running in a race who can build this and that , everywhere there is a competition.
Facts About Plants? There are lots of facts about plants and some of them are like this fruit is a vegetable which you think is a fruit, some of the oldest trees living on the earth, humans eating over 2000 plants that are edible and strawberry are the only fruit which is growing seeds on its outer skin. these are some of the facts Read On.
I would be Happy we the world leaders can do a competition on which country can grow plants each year and reduce Carbon dioxide which is affecting our Earth’s Ozone layer , if we don’t understand this then it may weaken and we don’t have a layer to protect our skin from sun. Today I will be explaining various facts about plants you will be shocked to know.
Want to learn About North American Style Gardening methods? Check out this Book by Edward C. Smith
Facts About Plants
- A New Reports have come up in 2020 which is giving us in thinking that with life plants will extinct then how humans can get oxygen, over 40% a increase of 20% of world plants are risk of being extinction because of the world population getting bigger day by day and to create more space deforestation is happen all over the world.
- Do you know about 70-80% of the plant species found in the ocean.
- A fruit which provides us 19 different vitamins have 1/4th air in it and this is the reason why this fruit floats in water, the name of the fruit is Apple.
- If you ever get tears while cutting onions then the reason is according to Library of congress when we chop or cut an onion it releases syn-propanethial-S-oxide named chemical substance which irritates our eyes and causes it to tear. So the solution could be to cut them and instantly put them in a bowl of water for 15-20 minutes that will solve your problem forever.
- Did You know a Tree named Pinus longaeva or Great basin bristlecone pine has lived almost 4852 years .
- Did you know a plant named Arabidopsis has the shortest lifespan on Earth.
- A plant named bamboo has a world record to become the fastest growing plant in the world and I am talking about its 45 genres , it is recorded to grow about 35 inch in a day In the UK .
- Do you know a grass name rye(Secale cereale ) has the longest root in the world with the length 387 miles and is robust .
- A Plant named Agave ocahui is believed to bloom every 100 years but it also blooms in 25-30 years  .
- A plant named Ramie( its fibers) has the longest plant cell in the world and it is about the length of approximately 22 inches long .
- A plant named Aconitum which has neurotoxin that can be attached in the skin is the most harmful and poisonous plant in the world .
- A tree doesn’t produce acorns until it becomes the age of 50 , the name of the tree is oak tree.
- A tree called baobab tree was able to collect water on its trunk which is the main stem, & it collects upto 120,000 ltr of water that’s huge.
- It’s very shocking to know for some people but carrots today we see where originally are in different colors and the color was purple.
- One tree that was again and again hit by the lighting is called oak trees.
- There are more than 300 thousands of species of plant and it is still becoming and growing as the scientists discover so many plants and the list keeps getting updated and increasing day by day.
- A fruit that we know is a vegetable is actually a fruit , it’s called cucumber! I know you are also shocked to know actually it also has seeds at the center portion.
- Do you know a group of bananas can be used to denote a hand and the 10-20 bananas growing can be denoted as fingers of that hand.
- Consuming a dish which is made up of onions can make you either sleepy or sedative.
- Elephant grass a unique type of plant present and discovered in african region is actually a grass that is big enough to hide a whole elephant in it. And it has a size of about 4.5 mtr tall that’s why it is named after an elephant.
- A tree which is alive from about 250 million years ago and it is considered as one of the oldest and unique of its kind tree species. It is called Ginkgo biloba.
- A vegetable called cabbage has over 91% water in it , & we don’t know it before do you?
- Bananas is also a Arabic word which is used to denote fingers.
- A woody plant called bamboo , I am sure you know this plant I mean everyone knows but do you know it is the fastest growing plant in terms of wood as it is able to grow 35 inch per day. It could be a special type of bamboo.
- If you put your slice of potatoes into your skin , it can be healthy for the skin as it can give vitamins to the skin.
- First Search for Strawberry images and think about where its seeds are ? Do you see any seeds outside? If yes then correct , It is the only fruit that has seeds outside of the skin. And to give you actually figures on an average 200 seeds are there in a strawberry fruit.
- Humans are intelligent that’s why we are able to make our food from 200 different types of plant and that is edible.
Did you know 8000 year ago there are so many forests on the earth but they have disappeared or we can simply say it’s gone now. And about 80% of those original forests are already cleared and do not exist anymore because of human existence.
I hope you get your answer on “facts about plants” and keep visiting the website for more such facts.
Read More :